When you suffer from a drug or alcohol condition, it is almost impossible for you to have any type of healthy relationships with friends, coworkers, or family. Your substance use disorder causes harm to your entire family, not just you. For this reason, we started relationship therapy at Pillars Recovery. Through relationship therapy, you can begin to heal your relationship with those you love.
When you enter an addiction treatment program, you may get the care and therapy you need to overcome your addiction and mental health issues. But what about your family or your spouse? To find healing all around, a family therapy program may be what you need to help everyone heal broken relationships and grow together once again.
To find out more about relationship therapy at Pillars Recovery, call us today at 866.782.0247. We are here to help you form healthier relationships without drugs and alcohol.
How Addiction Can Hurt a Relationship
Substance abuse can have a significant impact on the health of a family relationship. Some of the ways that addiction can affect your relationship with your spouse, children, or parents include:
- Disagreements, anger, and feelings of despair over the addiction can lead your family to become increasingly anxious or depressed
- Your partner may become more socially isolated because of having to deal with your drug or alcohol addiction
- Your family may be making constant excuses for your behavior everywhere they go and the continual worry can impact your family’s physical health
- You may be physically or verbally abusing your family as a result of your addiction
- In cases involving marriage and addiction, you may be destroying your family’s finances by spending everything on your addiction.
- You may have lost your job and created uncertainty about your family’s future.
How Relationship Therapy Can Help During Recovery
If you are struggling with addiction, you or a family member may be dealing with many other issues simultaneously. When you participate in a relationship therapy program as a part of addiction therapy services at Pillars Recovery, there are several benefits.
First, relationship therapy gives your family the support they need to get through this difficult time. Family therapy helps to acknowledge that the person who is suffering from addiction needs support and recovery. Even though support groups such as Al-Anon can help, counseling for relationship problems is also necessary for your entire family to heal.
Second, one of the things that can prolong addiction is when your family enables you to keep drinking or doing drugs. Therapy can identify and address these behaviors so that you will change the destructive patterns.
Third, other issues can materialize in your family relationships because of your substance use disorder. When a family or couple attends counseling together, they have the opportunity to work on these problems to form a stronger bond and a more healthy relationship.
Additional Treatment Available for Substance Abuse
In addition to relationship therapy, Pillars Recovery also offers other types of recovery services for individuals, couples, and families, including:
- Aftercare program
- Anxiety treatment program
- Depression treatment program
- Trauma therapy program
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Experiential therapy program
We can meet with you to explore other options for your treatment to give you a more well-rounded approach to recovery.
Contact us Today About Relationship Therapy
At Pillars Recovery, we provide customized addiction treatment solutions for you that can include relationship therapy as part of a comprehensive program. Everything we offer at Pillars Recovery can give you and your family the tools you need for success. Contact us now to learn more about your admissions options.