Oxycodone abuse puts you at risk of suffering from numerous health problems. The pain-reliever has addictive elements that will keep you hooked for a long time. If you or a loved one is currently facing an oxycodone addiction, Pillars Recovery can help you end your drug dependency through our Oxycodone Addiction Treatment program.
Our highly trained and caring staff provides professional support, education, and therapy at our prescription drug addiction treatment center. To find out more about what treatment is available to you at PIllars Recovery, contact us today at 866.782.0247. We are here to help you get on the road to recovery and reclaim a happy and healthy life.
What is Oxycodone?
Doctors commonly prescribe Oxycodone to help patients manage moderate to severe pain. If you have undergone surgery or sustained an injury, then you can benefit from its pain-killing effects. However, because of Oxycodone’s addictive properties, medical experts do not recommend that you use it long-term.
Oxycodone comes in many brand names. Some of the brands include:
- OxyIR or OxyFAST
Health Concerns Associated with Oxycodone
When you take it in small doses, Oxycodone is a relatively safe form of pain relief. It produces feelings of euphoria and relaxation. However, you could form a dependency on the drug due to its pleasant effects. Abuse can lead to dependence, and from there, full-blown addiction. Even if you use the substance for medicinal purposes, you can become addicted, especially when you take the drug in larger than prescribed doses or for an extended period of time.
Once you develop a dependency, it becomes incredibly challenging to quit. Addiction produces chronic and compulsive urges to seek and abuse a drug for its mind-altering effects. In most cases, getting clean requires more than determination and good intentions. The safest and most effective way to overcome addiction is through the help of professional substance abuse treatment at Pillars Recovery.
Side Effects of Oxycodone Addiction
Side effects of using Oxycodone may include:
- Gastrointestinal issues, such as nausea, stomach cramps, vomiting, and constipation
- Drowsiness, flushing, sweating, dry mouth, and loss of appetite
- Weakness, headache, and dizziness
- Allergic reactions that may present as hives, itching, rash, and swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, or extremities
Additionally, you may experience:
- Respiratory issues that typically include decreased breathing but may include more severe problems with including difficulty swallowing
- Postural hypotension that occurs when individuals rise from a prone position and their blood pressure drops
- Other cardiovascular issues that can include changes in heartbeat or blood pressure
- Extreme lethargy or comatose states (more apt with overdoses)
- Seizures, in rare cases
If you are experiencing any of these side effects, consult your doctor right away. You can also contact Pillars Recovery today to find out more about your side effects and how to start your treatment for your addiction.
Finding Oxycodone Addiction Treatment
At Pillars Recovery, we offer a wide range of treatments that can help you battle your addiction to Oxycodone, including:
- Opioid detox center
- Medication assisted treatment
- Residential treatment center
- Intensive outpatient program
- Partial hospitalization program and dual diagnosis treatment
- Individual therapy program and group therapy program
You can also choose men’s and women’s treatment, or get help from family. Through a wide range of treatments, we can find the right one for you so that you can get clean and stay clean.
Contact Pillars Recovery Today
If you are ready to overcome your addiction to drugs or alcohol, contact Pillars Recovery today. We offer comprehensive Oxycodone addiction treatment that will help you no matter how severe your addiction is. To find out more about our treatment center, call us today at 866.782.0247.